Call for papers
Culture, People, and Technology –
the Driving Forces for Tourism Cities
The conference theme centered on how culture, people, and technology is shaping tourism cities. Culture, and the creative industries it inspires, is a vital asset for cities’ economic competitiveness and attractiveness. This call for papers invites papers from four major themes of culture, people, technology, and city tourism.
The conference theme centered on how culture, people, and technology is shaping tourism cities. Culture, and the creative industries it inspires, is a vital asset for cities’ economic competitiveness and attractiveness. However, rising population, urbanization, rapid development, and even tourism, often place pressure to the cities’ cultural and heritage resources. People are important component of any tourism cities as they are the key behind the cities’ dynamic and vibrancy. People as residents play their important role as host, business owners, human resources in the tourism industry, and even as the guardians of cultural and heritage resources. Tourists as people coming to destinations also come with different motives and needs, often impacting on how tourism industry operates. Technology, especially information and communication technology (ICT) is the most far-reaching changes to our society. It has been innovatively used to enhance quality of life of the residents and to enable tourists to have better experience.
This call for papers invites papers from four major themes of culture, people, technology and city tourism with the following topics –and other relevant topics related to culture, people, technology and cities. The committee will select four best papers, one for each theme.
ABSTRACT & FULL PAPER SUBMISSION
- You will need to create an account on the Easychair system to submit your abstract.
- The submission system will only accept MS Word or PDF formatted abstracts and papers.
- Please remember the Paper ID that will be assigned to you by the Easychair system. You will need it to Register for the conference.
- You can continue to edit and revise your abstract or paper after it has been submitted in the Easychair system. but before the submission deadline (see below). You cannot edit your manuscripts after the submission deadline.
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the conference scientific committee for quality and suitability to the conference themes.
- Authors will be notified of their abstract’s acceptance for presentation by 15 May 2020. Please contact the Conference Secretariat if you have not received an email by that date.
- Conference Registration and Payment Information will be sent with the Abstract Notification. Please remember your Paper ID from the Easychair website.
Pre-Conference Proceedings & Full Paper Submission
- A Pre-Conference Proceedings will be provided in digital format (flash drive) that will be distributed at the conference. Authors who wish to have their papers in Pre-Conference Proceedings must submitt the full paper by June 30th, 2020.
- There will be no peer review of full papers submitted to the Pre-Conference Proceedings. All papers received that conform to the full paper submission instructions and copyright restrictions will be included without additional editing. Please format your manuscript using the Full Paper Template and Instructions file.
- Authors must obtain written permission to use copyrighted material in their full papers. In general, it is suggested that you remove all copyrighted material from your paper. Papers for which this is an issue will not be included in the Pre-Conference Proceedings.
- Please format your full paper using the conference full paper format template and instructions.
- International Journal of Tourism Cities – IJTC (Scopus-indexed)
- Journal of Tourism Destination and Attraction – JTDA (SINTA/Science and Technology Index – Ristekdikti)
- ITSA Post Conference 2020 proceedings will be published by Springer.